Friday, October 26, 2007

World Series Knitting

I don't know about you, but I don't multi-task well. I love to watch TV and knit, but what I knit on depends on the level of interest I have for what's on the box. And right now it's the Baseball World Series which has me totally absorbed because our local team -- the Rockies -- are in it.

Since I don't have a suitable mindless knit on the go I decided to start one -- the Habu Kusha Kusha scarf:


This is a unique scarf that's knit with a stainless steel & silk blend (yes you read it right). The original kit is knit up with a fine merino yarn and then felted. But since I didn't have any of that to hand I decided I'd knit it up with the slubby Habu cotton that I have in my stash. I'm hoping I'll end up with a similarly cool end product (despite the obvious lack of felting).

Anyway the main thing is that it's an easy knit... which is just perfect for me to keep my eyes on the game. (Although for these first 2 games it's been difficult not to look away at times. Here's hoping they'll pull off a stunning performance on home turf this weekend). I'll have my rally cap on! ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very pretty!

Bea said...

The scarf looks great. I'm curious what the cotton will turn out like because I've seen it felted.

I'm with you on the Rockies, I want to see a stunning comeback. People keep asking me if I really think thats possible, but they are in the world series for a reason. Why wouldn't it be possible. Fingers crossed for you!

You commentted on my blog to ask me about Harriet, but there wasn't a reply email. So far she has with stood two bulldogs yanking on either side of her and much chewing. She's been in the house for two weeks. Thats pretty long for us to go without destroying something. We'll see how she holds up long term.

Corwink said...

Oooooohhhhhh you evil evil enabler you!!! I have been looking for a reason to try some of that yarn and well I guess I will be going shopping on Monday.

Evil I tell ya!!! LOL!!!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

That looks so pretty! I love the colors :)