Friday, October 05, 2007

Every night is 'Knit Night'

I thought you'd get a grin from my version of knit night -- a typical evening with Buster and Bella:

As soon as I head for my room, the two of them follow me in, place their heads on the edge of the bed and wait for the go ahead to jump up and join me whilst I knit.

I love this part of my day.

You'll see in the picture, I've started a new pair of socks -- my first toe-up pair. Why the change? With the cuff down approach I always try to gauge how long I can make the leg so that I'll have enough yarn left for the foot. I normally end up with yarn leftover that I'm not quite sure how to use. (unless I make more of these!) Working from the toe-up I can just keep going on the leg until I run out.

As for other social crafty stuff, my stamp club has started up again. A fun group of girls meet up each month, have a few drinks, appetizers and stamp. We made some great birthday and gift cards the other week, and hard to believe, but we actually started some of our Christmas cards already! (Yes I know... it's not even Halloween yet!)

Speaking of which, I've decided to join the Halloween Mystery Shawl KAL. I'd seen it over on Kelly Girl Knits blog and was intrigued. Not that I need another project... but I'm sure I'm not alone there.

2 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

That looks like a great "knit night"!

Those cards look awesome! What a fun hobby :)

Terri Lynn said...

The dogs look relieved to be with you!