I had quite the shock last week to find out that the baby knit I was working on - the Daphne and Delilah monsters - needed to be complete this week. I have no idea how these things sneak up on me so quickly. It was time to get cracking this weekend. The Colorado weather helped - it was cooooold with a little snow. Truly a lock yourself indoors with the fire on type of a weekend. Hmm perfect. (Well, not entirely perfect - seems some bug is working its way around the family so we've all been a little ugh!)
But, in the words of Dora the Explorer "I did it!" (Erm, yes this was the type of show that was on the box. Not in my top 10 choices, but an under-the-weather girly was soothed by this, so who am I to complain :)
Proudly presenting the quite festive Daphne and Delilah pair:
I'm learning that my choice in colour can often be influenced by the season. I hadn't intentionally picked the colours, but I am pleased that it does feel a little Christmassy.
Pattern: Daphne and Delilah by Rebecca Danger
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease (I did not use the yarn doubled as the pattern suggests, but did go down 2 needle sizes)
Needles: US 6 dpns
Mods: I use felt for the eyes and teeth, and blanket stitch these onto the monsters.
I had some yarn left and was able to whip out another hat for Project Love.
But now I shift my attention to Bertie's Blankets: the 3 blankets that I'd like to put together for Trinity Hospice in memory of my Dad. Thanks to all who offered to help. You can follow the progress over at http://BertiesBlankets.blogspot.com. I started the coastal-coloured afghan:
Mum, if you are reading this, I am still working on your quilt too :))) All the squares have been made for the quilt top, I'm now in the process of assembling them (while trying to ensure that I keep the layout intact). Getting close now xxx
Hope you had a lovely weekend,