Friday, December 28, 2007

Comfy Sweater


Slimline Jacket, originally uploaded by samjoepics.

About this time last year I attended a talk by Debbie Bliss at String. She talked about her inspiration for design of knitted goods and her yarn. She also shared was a trunk full of handknit sweaters. There were many beautiful sweaters in there. Visually I am drawn to her sweaters that have some little unique detail, or those that are chock full of cables. As I was trying on a couple of them, there was one that I just fell in love with on touch alone -- the Slimline Jacket.

The slimline jacket is very simple. Not something I'd normally be drawn to. But this was so very very comfy. The kind of sweater that you can curl up in on a Sunday afternoon with a good book and a cup of tea. I had to make one. So here I am a year later and I've just cast on for the sweater. I'm excited to finish and wear this. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sweater is amazingly soft! hmmmm, this may be an April 1st purchase! :)

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

What a beautiful sweater! Yours is going to look great in that color :)

Terri Lynn said...

Gorgeous! I see what you mean aout the simplicity of this jacket, nice!