Saturday, May 05, 2012

Fabricate in Boulder

This last week was my birthday.  I love birthdays.  Even better, I love that my hubby likes to make a big deal out of my birthday :)  This year we took the day off work to have a date day in Boulder.  Knowing thats where we were heading I did a quick web search to see if there were any cute fabric or yarn shops near the Pearl Street Mall area.  And there is:  A new store called Fabricate

Fabricate Boulder

Fabricate is a fun little store that is stocked with modern fabrics and embroidery patterns.  They also sell some of the prettiest patterned ribbons I have ever seen.  If you happen to be out and about in Boulder it is definately worth a peek.  The store has a welcoming homely feel.  The staff were wonderful too - you know when you feel perfectly comfortable and are encouraged to browse to your heart's content, knowing that if you needed anything they'd be happy to help.  Love that.

In one of the rooms they have this great cutting table with the adjustable height.  I've had my eye on the very same table from Ikea.  (I have been dreaming of creating a dedicated craft space at home).

Inside Fabricate, Boulder

Ooh and look at this lamp shade... I should have asked where they got this from (or how they made it/what fabric)... sooo cute!

Lamp and fat quarters

Naturally I picked up a couple of yards of fabric.  Some fun children's prints to make clothes for Naomi.  I recently picked up this book, and want to make everything in there... watch this space :)  I also received some fabulous crafty gifts from my family including a Yarn Bowl from my Brother and Sister-In-Law, and an inspirational Orla Kiely book from my Sis and her family.

Wishing you a great weekend.
Sam xxx

2 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

What a fun way to spend your birthday! Fabricate looks super cute; I'll have to go check it out soon. You received some wonderful gifts from your family, too. Love that yarn bowl!

Kim said...

What a fun day! Crafty shopping is the best birthday gift :)