Friday, April 13, 2012

Ballerina Bunny

We had a lovely Easter weekend and the highlight for me was attending our first Easter egg hunt. It was organized by the local recreation center, and Naomi thought it was THE BEST THING EVER!

Yay eggs everywhere

She got to fill her Easter bucket with these plastic eggs, each of which were filled with cute toys: there's her new bunny necklace, a little camera, jumping bunnies...

Here Daddy

She also got to meet the Easter bunny. Naomi was very excited about the whole deal while we were stood in line. But of course when it came to picture time she obviously changed her mind - check out that expression! She cracks me up. :)

Hmm not sure about this giant bunny

Her favourite bunny though is the amigurimi toy that I'd made for her. She was fascinated watching the progress. I'd finished the head and body and she told me 'Mummy fix them' because each time she'd balance the head on the body it would just fall off again. Then I'd complete an arm and she'd instruct me 'another one Mummy, another one'. Same for the legs...

Ballerina Bunny

She helped with the embroidery of the eyes, which are on their 3rd iteration - first time they looked a little too sassy, second time like a sourpuss... I think I have it now with this 3rd attempt (shown in the night night picture at the bottom of this post)! Who knew eye placement could affect the whole look of the bunny's face!

Showing off her moves

This was my first attempt at amigurumi. I'd received an amigurumi book from my sister last year, and have had my eye on the ballerina bunny pattern. What better time than Easter to put this together :) I used Rowan 4 ply cotton. I love this yarn and used it in 2 of my very favourite baby blankets. It wears well, the colours are perfect... oh Rowan why oh why did you discontinue it?

I was surprisingly pleased with how easy it was to grasp for a novice crocheter like me. And how quick the little bunny came together. But most pleasing of all is how much Naomi looooves her new toy. It has been to daycare, and of course is a favourite for snuggling with at bed time.

Wishing you a great weekend ahead.
Happy Spring!
Sam xxx

3 comments:

Andi said...

Ugh could Naomi get any cuter. I know I keep saying that but seriously?
Love the cute little bunny you made for her. No wonder she likes it so much.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Naomi looks so cute at the Easter Egg Hunt and I love her Easter bucket! I'm glad she had such fun.

The ballerina bunny you made for her is adorable! Love that last picture :)

Yarny Days said...

She is so cute. And so is the bunny!