Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Festive feet

Joe loves his handknit socks. But some of the pairs he has in the sock drawer are looking a little bit too loved... far beyond their best. So I had this grand plan to make him a new pair of socks for Christmas, as a surprise.

The surprise part didn't work out too well... or the getting them for Christmas part... but hey they are complete now, and it's still December.


A little zany aren't they! :o)))

I used Zauberball sock yarn, knitting from each end of the ball to force the striping. I think it's fun. A little Dr Seussical. I do much prefer the one that has more blue in it vs the yellowy one. But they work together well enough in an odd kind of way.  Another super simple knit. I used my basic sock pattern(which I need to modify to fix the heel shaping, btw). And a k3,p1 rib for the leg and top of foot.


He's super happy with the end results and has even worn them into work today. Wonder what his colleagues will think if they see these dazzlers peeking out!

7 comments:

taelixev said...

The socks look great! I love long changing color strands.

Denise said...

I love the colors in them, very cheery for a dull Dec day ;)

Susan Luni said...

Very cute, I like the different-ness of them.

Anonymous said...

They are totally awesome! I just love how colorful they are.

amanda said...

Yay for Zauberball! I'm knitting a pair of kneesocks in it for Lily although they're nowhere near as colourful as Joes!

Happy New Year and thank you for your lovely card!

Oiyi said...

Those socks are great! I picked a ball of that yarn in a green colorway at Rhinebeck this year and still haven't decided what to make with it.

Bea said...

Cute. Great idea for the zauberball.