Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Still knitting...

It's true. Despite what you'd think from my recent blog postings :)
I'm currently trying to stay focussed on another lace ribbon scarf.


It's a gift for a dear friend at work who has been a mentor to me over the last couple of years. She will be leaving our company at the end of the month and I'm sorry to see her go. I wanted to show my appreciation... and well, isn't this what us knitters do?


The yarn is scrumptious! It is Jade Sapphire's Silk/Cashmere 2 ply and is soo very lovely to work with. The colour is pretty too with some slight changes in depth of shade. So it's proving to be an enjoyable knit... good thing too... I am trying to complete this by a week tomorrow. Wish me luck! (Yes, if you read my blog regularly you'll know that I don't learn from past experiences :o)

10 comments:

Emma said...

It's a beautiful colour, and it looks like it's making a very smoochy warm scarf.

Deadline knits go that much quicker when you're enjoying the process, I think. Good luck getting it done on time!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful color and the pattern is gorgeous! You will get it done, no problem! :) What a wonderful send away gift!

Bea said...

Lovely. I think you can make it...

Lisa Stepi said...

That is such a beautiful scarf!

tiennie said...

Very pretty! That lace ribbon scarf is in my queue too!

peaknits said...

omg, the yarn. the colorway. What a perfect partnership and a very blessed mentor:)

Betsy said...

Just dropped you a short note on ravelry, went here and found out you had a birthday recently (working does NOT allow me to keep up with my blogs anymore!). Happy belated birthday - sounds like you celebrated in style.

Oiyi said...

It's going to be a great going away present!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

The scarf is beautiful! I'm sure you'll get it done in time...good luck :)

Anonymous said...

:-)

Good luck Sam! I am sure you will finish in time your gift (as all the other times...) :-)

I love the color of this yarn: it has the color of sky and ocean in a sunny day