- Pattern: Loppem (From Norah Gaughan Collection No. 3)
- Yarn: Red Rocks Fiber Works 'Winter Park' (100% Merino) in Colour 'Sing like Pink' (if only I could!)
- Size: I chose to knit one size larger than I normally would. One of the things I like about this pattern booklet is that it shares the actual size of the model, and the size she is wearing. It seems the tiny wee thing in the book was wearing a size larger than I would have picked for her... and so I figured I'd take the same approach.
- Modifications: I did knit the yoke a little longer than the pattern calls for simply because I wanted the cable pattern to finish at the end of a repeat (vs the middle of one)
- Things I'd do differently next time: In hindsight I would have made the lower section a touch longer instead of the yoke. This way I'd still get my full cable pattern repeat and I'd have the cute cap sleeves. Not that it looks bad as is. I'm actually super happy with the outcome. I just think it could be improved on... aah the beauty of hindsight.
I was a little disappointed with how the pattern was written. (Note: check for errata before you begin - I know this should be a general rule of thumb for all patterns). Aside from the errata issue, I'm never fond of having to figure out how to evenly space increases or decreases... I like the pattern to do that for me. (Picture it - late at night, feet up, glass of wine... that's right the brain has gone into relax mode... last thing it needs is to kick back into gear to solve some basic math).
I absolutely love this yarn. Such a rich colour. And so very soft and smooshy. And I think there might be enough left to make myself some fingerless mittens. Bonus!
And, as I mentioned in my last post, this counts as my NaKniSweMoDo sweater for April.