Monday, April 20, 2009

Knitty Update

Loppem is blocking! That's right, still on track for the NaKniSweMoDo one sweater a month. I'm enjoying the nudge it is giving me to finish sweaters. This one is for April - just have a couple of buttons to sew on and a few ends to weave in. But first it needs to finish drying. The knitting went pretty quickly (being tucked indoors as a result of a snowstorm helped).


While I'm waiting for Loppem to dry I pulled out Tempest and some Red Rocks sock yarn in 'Granny Smith' colourway. This will be a nice lightweight Spring cardigan.


And then there's the araucania/patagonia hexagon blanket -- I added a few extra hexagons this last week, and like this more and more as it grows. The colours are fun, bright, happy colours and the nubby texture adds interest. Seems it has another admirer...


And last but not least I received this fun card from my Mum. She just loves the handknit felted clogs and is on her 2nd pair this winter. Dad says she has 'special slipper eating toes'. (Seems Joe has the same problem.) I know it's just slipper love as demonstrated by some serious wear -- gotta love when a handknit is soo well received!


This cracks me up! Thanks Mum xoxo

8 comments:

tiennie said...

These photos are lovely of your work. That's a great card! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Sam!!

As usually... I LOVE YOUR PICS!!! :-) In all the page there are wonderful pics!!!

And I love the color of your new sweater too!!! I look forward to see it on you and look at the complete pattern!

jeanhmaher@yahoo.com said...

Your knits look so great. I especially like the blanket you are working on. Can you tell me where you found the pattern?

Oiyi said...

Oh my, that blanket it going to be great. I love the textures.

Bea said...

All your projects always look wonderful. I'm imagining tempest is going to be beautiful. I love that card from your mom. Its always nice when the handknits are appreciated.

Bea said...

Oh, um, yes dogs on blankets are good. Hopefully yours don't shed as much as mine...

5elementknitr said...

that card is perfect! Did she make it?

Jac said...

mum told me about the card, the feelings about your slippers are the same from everyone who is fortunate to receive a pair. WE ALL ADORE THEM!! I cant keep Ste's slippers away from his trotters. Thank you sissykins. xxx