Sunday, May 08, 2016

Pretty in Pink

A few weeks back I picked up this gorgeous gradient sock yarn from Pigeon Roof Studios.

Gradient yarn

The colors are precious, and perfect for a princess. I had an idea that this would make a gorgeous baby sweater and toyed between the Tea Leaves cardigan design and my go-to sweater: Elizabeth Zimmerman's February baby sweater.

Pretty in pink

The go-to pattern won, albeit a modified version of the original, using stocking stitch instead of the lace pattern. I chose to keep it simple so that the gradient yarn would be the star of the show.

Pretty in pink

This was a perfect project for this last week's plane journey to see my step daughter graduate from the University of Central Florida with a Biology degree magna cum laude. We are incredibly proud of her, and excited for what comes next as she embarks on a summer of research projects before heading onto post-grad study.

Plane knitting

Pretty in pink hangs out at the pool

Congratulations to all the recent grads!  Happy Mother's Day!
Wishing you a great week ahead,
Love,
Sam
xxx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to do another February sweater. I have twins to knit for, maybe use lace on the baby girl's and St st for the baby boy's? We have a girl headed off to Florida to study Bio at FGCU in the fall! I am thinking I need to move to be closer to her in case she needs her momma?

kathy b said...

Love your pinks. Happy Happy to the graduate

Nicky said...

This looks amazing so far! It will be beautiful when you're done.