Saturday, September 06, 2014

It is feeling like fall

Is it feeling like summer is over in your neck of the woods?  It was certainly chillier in Colorado this morning than it has been for some time.  Autumn is my favourite season:  it is so pretty, and the temps have cooled down just a touch so that you can get out and enjoy it.  I think subconsciously I've been thinking about this season for a few weeks now, as it seems to influence the colours I've been drawn to.  I finished the Tiger Feet socks, for example.  Joe is a happy cookie and Naomi has proclaimed that she needs a pair.  These were knit using some Opal sock yarn, using my standard plain vanilla sock recipe.

Tiger feet

With a pair finished it was time to cast on for a new pair.  I haven't fallen in love with these yet... but it is early days, so I'll do some more knitting before I determine whether to rip back or not.  I love the colours in the yarn... they feel like Halloween.  I'm just not sure about my pattern selection.

close up

Speaking of Halloween, I've been thinking about what to do with the Frankenstein cross stitch.  Maybe a little pin cushion/ornament with this purple shot cotton for the backing.

Frankenstein bride
And finally, I started a Christmas stocking for Naomi.  Such pretty colours in this one.

Christmas stocking
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Love,
Sam x

2 comments:

Kim said...

I like the pattern that is showing up on your socks. It shows off the yarn nicely.

That looks like a Shepherd's Bush stocking. I used to live near that shop when I was in Utah--it's an amazing cross stitch shop.

Karen said...

Lots of pretty socks and stockings!