Saturday, June 29, 2013

Apron Swap

The Denver Modern Quilt Guild met the other week, and this month's activity was an apron swap.  I can't believe my luck this month - I got to pick first and ended up with this beauty:

I lucked out

All the aprons were super lovely and I would have been thrilled to receive any of them. But getting to pick first... ooh that was fun! :) Here are all the aprons, modelled by the lucky recipients:

 Denver Quilt Guild Apron Swap

Next month we are doing a name tag swap. Each participant wrote their name, and some basic guidelines on a piece of paper and we drew at random. I received Sara, who simply wanted something bright on a lanyard. I'd seen some pieced spool designs online and thought it would be fun to try my hand at creating one, and using the spool's "thread" to spell out the letter S. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, although it is a tad larger than I think it needs to be (more postcard size than name card size). Hey ho, at least it's not sandwich board big :))) and no-one has an excuse for missing her name.

Denver Quilt Guild Name Tag swap for next month

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this next swap.

Well, I hope you are well, friends?
It's been a little hectic here (mainly work, but also some bug that has worked its way round the 3 of us) which has resulted in low energy levels and no desire to craft (shocker... I rarely ever feel this way). Consequently I've not really had anything to blog about. All that to change... starting with fun Mummy Daughter sewing plans tomorrow, as soon as we are wrapped up with swim class (little water baby just loves going to the pool).  Here's a fun swim pic that just makes me beam each time I see it:

this makes me smile... my little nemo

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Sam xxx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a darling apron! You must feel very girly in it. And that water baby is so cute! My water babies are the dogs, and they are not quite as adorable. Close, but not quite. LOL

Monica said...

Love the apron you took home and the one that you made as well! Naomi is too cute. That is lovely "swimsoup" as Amanda would say :-) Have a great week my friend.

Nicky said...

Cute apron and super cute water baby! Her delight made me smile.

savannahchik said...

gorgeous aprons! yours is so frilly and girly. no worries that hubby will be taking this one :)

and great name tag. i wasn't sure what you'd do - love your creativity!

jeifner said...

Sounds like great fun to have swaps like that! I found your blog by searching for "modern quilt guild Denver" to see if there are any quilty meetings and stores :)