Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sisterly Sweater Swap

This year my sister made me Rowan Anise out of Rowan Little Big Wool (colour Sugar Spun), and gifted it to me just before I left the UK. I love, love, love it! Thanks Jac -- you are awesome! :)


I'd seen the pattern some time ago and fell in love with it and when my sis started making it I teased her to see if it was a gift for me. I'm not sure if it was originally intended for me, or not, but I certainly lucked out when she presented it to me this week.


Knowing that she was working on this, I thought it would be nice to make something for her also. And I certainly had a massive pile of yarn after the visit to Texere yarns. She mentioned she liked the Rowan Caraway pattern and some of the yarn I purchased - an Alpaca Mohair blend. Since the yarn knits up as bulky, I figured it might work well and was really happy with the light airy fabric it produced. I pulled an all-nighter on this bad girl to make sure I could leave it behind for her (it's just missing ribbon ties at the front).


The quality of the photos is due to the fact that we they were snapped just minutes before we ran out the door to the airport (you can imagine how popular that made 'wait, wait, I HAVE to get a shot of this sweater before I leave!'). Anyhoo it is done and I'm calling this the 'booby prize' -- I think I did much better out of the sisterly sweater swap. I'll be interested to see what she thinks (and hope that she'll be willing to send me better modelled shots... hint, hint Jac ;o)


Oh yes, and this is my Januray sweater for the NaKniSweMoDo (complete a sweater every month in 2009). Extra big needles for this project means that I got a good start off the blocks on this one!

13 comments:

Oiyi said...

They are both gorgeous! That is so sweet to have a sister sweater swap.

Kim said...

I like them both. I'd be petrified to see what my sister(who pseudo knits) would come up with for me.

Congrats on your first finish in the sweater madness thing ;)

Welcome back.

Denise said...

I think you both lucked out :-) both sweaters look lovely. Is that first pattern in Simply Knitting? I think it was on their front cover a few months back.

Anonymous said...

Both are lovely! Happy 2009 to you!

Anonymous said...

Both sweaters are beautiful! I love the idea of having a sweater from your sister! I wish my sister knit and we could do that!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family!

Susan Luni said...

I like both, but if I got to pick, I'd want the one you knit. Quick or no, it came out very cute.

Kristina Knits said...

Oh MAN you've already got January's done??? My little sister suckered me into making her a pair of fetchings, so I haven't been able to work much on my sweater the last few days. Both sweaters are just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I think you both did really well there. I need a sister!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I love both sweaters! Congrats on finishing your 1st NaKniSweMoDo sweater already :)

Anonymous said...

The sweater you knit me is by far the best.... you are a super star and its unbelievable that you whipped it up in a matter of hours!!!!

The blog, and comments, are lovely and really warmed my heart. Thank you my beautiful and kind sister, i love you lots and lots and miss you soooooooooo much.

Love Jac. xxxxx

ps, photos are pending for a couple of pounds weight loss... heh heh. xxxxx

Bea said...

Love these two sweaters. You and your sister are so good to each other.

WandaWoman said...

both sweaters are so cute! I love the idea of a sister sweater swap! A great idea!

Courtney said...

Fantastic sweaters! Great blog! I like your rounded edges on your photos.