Sunday, January 17, 2016

Clementine Cowl

I hope you have had a good week? I was in Santa Clara for work and the weather there was beautiful. It made me forget that it is still winter. Reality soon kicked back in as I arrived back home to snow flurries in Denver, late on Friday night.

Before I left I was able to complete the Clementine Cowl. I think I mention in my previous post that this is a great pattern. It works up quickly and it is enjoyable to see the colours and design form as you work along. These colours are a departure from what I would normally select for myself. I'm still undecided, although they have a nice earthy feel to them. And speaking of the feel, the yarns I selected are delightfully soft. There's the 'dyed in the wool' yarn that the pattern calls for, paired with a pagewood farms yarn from my stash.

Here's my little ham modeling the final product (donning her best model serious face in the 2nd pic :))):

Clementine cowl

Clementine cowl

Wishing you a great week ahead, and a lovely long weekend for the folks in the US.
Love,
Sam
xxx

6 comments:

Kim said...

Love the cowl!

Miss N is getting so big and grown up. :)

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous! And your model is stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sam! How are you??
Your cowl is wonderful and... you little girl has grown up very fast!!! She's soooo beatiful!!!!
xxx
Daniela

Monica said...

Can't believe N. is so big!! She is gorgeous Sam!! Time flies. That is very nice cowl. I need to give it a try.

Preeti said...

The color gradient on this cowl is beautiful! What a lovely finished cowl!!

Andi said...

Oh goodness what a beautiful knit! Of course the model is absolutely stunning. :)