I've been eager to finish a knitted project. It certainly wasn't going to be either of the blankets that I have on the go right now (I decided to make barn raising bigger than the pattern suggests and the araucania hexagons aren't seeing as much progress as I'd hoped). So it was time to whip out another baby cardigan for Naomi!
I had some Adriafil Fruttamix cotton yarn lurking in my cubbies and thought it would look pretty on the little miss. I wasn't much in the mood for following a pattern so this is one that I kind of made up as I went along, using the EZ February Baby cardigan instructions as a starting point.
I cast on 71 stitches (the amount recommended after the 2nd round of increases) and knit a few rows of garter stitch, and then increasing a row (K2,M1)* to the end of the row. Then knit stockinette for about 4.5 inches, at which point I put the sleeve stitches on yarn holders and continued knitting back and forth on the body.
Toward the bottom I wanted a ruffle and knit a (K2,M1)* increase row. Stockinette for a few rows, and then another (K2,M1)* row before adding a few rows of garter. I'm really happy with how this turned out.
Finally I picked up the sleeve stitches and added 15 additional stitches to each side. A few rows of reverse stockinette and then cast off. A garter stitch button band up the front and TA DA it was done! If only adult sweaters could be whipped out in a similar amount of time.
And on a side note... isn't she growing up soo quickly!