Thursday, March 20, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly

Bad news first: I did run out of the yarn for my snuggly soft slimline last night. I literally reached the row before casting off on the 2nd shoulder to see this little bit of yarn left:

The good news: I was able to scoop up enough from the 'ends' (you know where one ball finishes and the next starts) to finish up the 2nd sleeve. Phew.


The Ugly: I still have the collar to knit!

My MIL was saying maybe it didn't need a collar and DH thinks that I should add a fur collar... 'errrm no' on both counts. I'm thinking that picking up some of this yarn in a different dyelot might not be the end of the world as it's just for the collar. And if there's a bit of difference in the shade it might be ok. (Better the collar than the top of the sleeve, right).

But before I resort to that, I'm going to continue the hunt for colour 31015 in the elusive dyelot 32.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aah the knitters nightmare! I think you'll be fine with a different dyelot on the collar though if you're unsuccessful in your yarn hunt.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Good luck with your hunt. I did notice they have that color at Yarn Market. I'll cross my fingers it is the right dyelot.

Stacey said...

What a bummer! I'll be crossing my fingers that you'll be able to find the same dyelot still. I LOVE how that sweater is turning out...I think I might need some of that yarn:)

Anonymous said...

It looks so pretty! What a bummer. I hope you find the right dyelot.

Denise said...

Hopefully you can find what you need, but I agree with you, if you can't a different dye lot might not be so noticeable if it's just on the collar - hopefully!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Oh no! You were so close :( Good luck with the yarn search...I hope you can find the dye lot you need! But, if not, I think a slight difference in the collar would be ok.

I love your "creative directors" from the last post :D

Bea said...

That sucks. Good luck finding more. Maybe it doesn't need a collar?? I think that could be it unless it looks incomplete.

Corwink said...

I would think somebody on Ravelry has got it. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooooooo glad you found one lonely skein that needed a home! :)