- Pattern: Dougie Dog Hat and Scarf from Lucinda Guy's Handknits for Kids
- Yarn: Berroco Comfort (I know it's aaarghcrylic, but it's washable, and the scarf is for a little boy. Need I say more ;o)
I did make a bunch of modifications to the original patterns:
- I used a thicker yarn than called for and adjusted the pattern accordingly
- For the hat, I decided against the square, patterned top with the tassels and opted instead for simple decreases in stocking stitch - you know like a regular beanie.
- For the scarf, I used the pattern from the hat headband and just kept knitting 'til it looked like it would be long enough for a little kiddo.
I do love the stitch pattern on the scarf. As does Joe, who has put in an order for one (I'm guessing in more 'manly' colours ;o). Which is the perfect excuse to go stash diving to see if there's something lurking in one of my baskets that would do the trick. Assuming I don't stumble across a yarn store in the mean time ;o)